Environmental Affairs & Sustainability Engineer
You support Recticel Insulation Business Line H&E - market, application and product related issues. You also create a business line ambassador in order to implement the Recticel group sustainability and circular economy initiatives and activities.
- You’re responsible for the follow up of European and (inter)national EPD schemes.
- You support the H&E Affairs and certification coordinator to implement the Business Line Insulation Sustainability and Circular Economy initiatives.
- You monitor specific health and environmental issues (project based) such as mould growth, dangerous substances, EPD’s, Waste, Green building rating schemes,… You report on these topics
- You watch over H&E related product content and monitor relevant EN & ISO standards.
- You implement and maintain our products in several national external eco databases (e.g. , Sundahus – BVB – Basta – Nordic Swan Ecolabel)
- You monitor and report on market trends regarding H&E related topics
- You actively participate in internal and external Task Forces and you implement defined actions within the business line.
- You have a Master or Bachelor degree with at least 2 years expertise.
- You have an international mindset.
- You are a team player with a high level of independence and good communication skills.
- You embrace Sustainability and Circular Economy and you are interested in H&E legislation, LCA’s & EPD’s,
- You have good reporting skills
- Languages : Dutch and English. French is a plus.
Your career: our future! We foster a collaborative and result-driven culture based on cooperation, respect, integrity and accountability. We encourage colleagues, customers and partners to innovate together to deliver winning solutions. Our human resources strategy aims to ensure the availability, engagement, motivation and continuous development of our employees. Recticel seeks to offer all employees a stimulating and rewarding place to work - a place where they feel engaged, where they contribute to reaching the company goals, where their talents can develop and where they can actively manage their careers. Therefor we will provide internal & external trainings.
About RecticelRecticel is an international industrial player with an ambitious goal: to take the daily experience of comfort to a new level of quality and innovation. We rely on our expertise in the transformation of polyurethane to meet customer and societal challenges responsibly.
Recticel is a Belgian Group with a strong European dimension, but it also operates in the rest of the world. Recticel (excluding minority stakes in joint ventures) employs 4,270 people in 41 establishments in 20 countries. Recticel contributes to daily comfort with high performance insulation solutions, foam filling for seats, mattresses and slat bases of top brands and an extensive range of other industrial and domestic applications. Recticel is the Group behind well-known bedding brands (Beka®, Lattoflex®, Literie Bultex®, Schlaraffia®, Sembella®, Swissflex®, Superba®, etc.) and GELTEX® inside. Within the Insulation segment high-quality thermal insulation products are marketed under the well-known brands Eurowall®, Powerroof®, Powerdeck®, Powerwall® and Xentro®. In 2019 Recticel achieved combined sales of EUR 1.22 billion (IFRS 11 consolidated sales: EUR 1.0 billion).
To learn more: visit www.recticel.com
Share this job
Why should you work at Recticel?
Recticel is an international industrial group specialising in the transformation of polyurethane into innovative products and solutions which contribute to out daily comfort.
Based at our stat-of-art facility in Belgium, we are part of the Belgium-based International Recticel Group, one of the world's largest producers of polyurethane products.