International Technology Development Engineer
You develop and implement new technologies or equipment to improve our foaming process, quality of finished product or if needed for the introduction of new chemistry and organise by consequence the roll out over relevant different plants.
- You will introduce new technologies or equipment to improve the foaming process within our business line
- You realize breakthroughs in quality, process, cost improvements based on new technologies considering the sustainability guidelines within the Recticel group/business line.
- You will work closely together with local and international process engineers, R&D engineers, technical and maintenance departments and SID.
- Acquire a thorough understanding of the PIR foaming process with link to the equipment and technologies
- Follow market trends and new evolutions in the rigid PIR technology world in close communication with suppliers in the industry
- Development in a sustainable way, with high focus on HSE and taking care of Recticel IP
- Introduce new technologies : evaluation on pilot machine and organize industrial trials and industrial scale up
- Pioneer work for new technologies and problem solving for existing technologies over the different locations
- Prepare investment requests for main technology changes in production
- Define specification for new equipment or tools as preparation for purchase and quality assurance
- Project management : you follow the projects and report for different project stages
- You have a Master degree in Chemistry or Mechanics and some years of experience in a processing (technology) environment is an advantage
- You are a team player with a high level of independence and good communication skills
- You are technically skilled and have a hands-on mentality
- You are willing to travel frequently
- Language skills: excellent English (main communication language)
About RecticelRecticel is an international industrial player with an ambitious goal: to take the daily experience of comfort to a new level of quality and innovation. We rely on our expertise in the transformation of polyurethane to meet customer and societal challenges responsibly.
Recticel is a Belgian Group with a strong European dimension, but it also operates in the rest of the world. Recticel (excluding minority stakes in joint ventures) employs 4,270 people in 41 establishments in 20 countries. Recticel contributes to daily comfort with high performance insulation solutions, foam filling for seats, mattresses and slat bases of top brands and an extensive range of other industrial and domestic applications. Recticel is the Group behind well-known bedding brands (Beka®, Lattoflex®, Literie Bultex®, Schlaraffia®, Sembella®, Swissflex®, Superba®, etc.) and GELTEX® inside. Within the Insulation segment high-quality thermal insulation products are marketed under the well-known brands Eurowall®, Powerroof®, Powerdeck®, Powerwall® and Xentro®. In 2019 Recticel achieved combined sales of EUR 1.22 billion (IFRS 11 consolidated sales: EUR 1.0 billion).
To learn more: visit www.recticel.com
Share this job
Why should you work at Recticel?
Recticel is an international industrial group specialising in the transformation of polyurethane into innovative products and solutions which contribute to out daily comfort.
Based at our stat-of-art facility in Belgium, we are part of the Belgium-based International Recticel Group, one of the world's largest producers of polyurethane products.