Water-borne glue specially recommended for acoustic insulation with plasterboard for walls
Water-borne glue for Recticel acoustic insulation panels. Water-borne glue specially recommended for acoustic insulation with plasterboard for walls. For wall application, all hanging elements (for example heating installation) should be placed to a solid wall. the glue is available in 4KG.
- Water-based glue
- Consumption 0.8 kg/m2
- Available in 4KG buckets
- Suitable for DIY
Getting started with water-based glue
How to use Recticel Insulation water-based glue?
- The installation is quite a simple process, based on gluing. Always use the Recticel glue provided for gluing these acoustic panels.
- Mix the adhesive before use to be sure it is consistent throughout.
- The adhesive is best applied using a short-haired roller. We recommend using 0.8 kg/m² of adhesive, which is 0.2 kg/m² on each side.
- Apply the glue to the one side of the acoustic panel a as well as the wall that is being insulated . Wait between 15 and 30 minutes, depending on the temperature and humidity of the room in question.
- Apply the acoustic panel to the wall by applying pressure and holding it in place for 30 seconds.
- Apply the glue to the side of the acoustic that is still visible a and the plasterboard b . Wait between 15 and 30 minutes, depending on the temperature and humidity of the room in question.
- Then apply the plasterboard to the acoustic by applying pressure and holding it in place for 30 seconds. The plasterboard must be mounted at a distance of 2 to 3 mm from the floor, the adjoining walls, and the ceiling, after which the seams must be filled in with acrylic filler. Make sure the joints stagger sufficiently with the joints of the acoustic .
Improving your sound reduction from one room to another was never as easy with the Instasoft®. The solution is installed by gluing the panels to the interior wall and glue the plasterboard afterwards to have a finished wall.