Published on 05 March 2019
Easy to install acoustic insulation panel for reduced airborne sound
Silentwall® is a panel of agglomerated polyurethane foam and fibres to improve the transmission sound insulation of interior walls of homes. Silentwall® is designed to improve internal sound insulation (internal side of external walls); it may be applied to a partition wall between two apartments (in the same building), as well as to the inside of an exterior wall and on the separation wall of a house.
- Significantly reduced sound transmission
- Quick and easy installation
Acoustic insulation for walls
Hear the difference
Without Silentwall® insulation
With Silentwall® insulation
Getting started with Silentwall®
Specifications for this dimension:
|∆Rw *||9dB (-87% sound)|
|Lambda (λ)||0.037 W/mK|
|* Product must always be covered with at least a 12.5 mm thick plasterboard in order to meet fire safety requirements.|
Product manufactured from recycled materials. The composition and visual appearance may vary, but this will not affect performance.
|Insulation thickness||Thermal Resistance Value: (m²K/W)|
How to install Silentwall®
- Apply the glue to the wall that is being insulated (0.25 L/m2).
- Always use the Recticel adhesive for acoustic insulation panels.
- Check the position of the panels before applying the adhesive. The glue holds immediately and instantly (it is impossible to reposition after the initial contact).
- To cut Silentwall panels, use a snap-off blade knife (cutter blade).
- Apply the glue to one side of the Silentwall (0.25 L/m²) and wait 10 to 30 minutes. Do not glue the edges of the Silentwall® panels, but make sure they are flush against each other.
- Place the Silentwall® panel on the wall, press firmly for 30 seconds.
- Apply the adhesive to the plasterboard (0.25 L/m²).
- Apply the adhesive to the visible side of the Silentwall® (0.25 L/m²) and wait 10 to 30 minutes.
- Place the plasterboard onto the Silentwall® and press firmly for 30 seconds. The plasterboard sheets need to be about 2mm from the floor, adjoining walls and ceiling. The gap should be filled with acrylic mastic.
Always up-to-date with Silentwall®
Download our latest technical product information or other relevant documents on Silentwall.
Can’t find what you are looking for?
Published on 09 December 2019
Extra features of Silentwall®
- 9db - 87% sound
Contact glue for professionals
Contact glue specifically recommended for acoustic insulation with plasterboard on walls. For wall applications, all suspended items (e.g. heating elements) should be attached to a sufficiently solid foundation wall.